Thursday, December 29, 2011

Farewell HNT

Half-Nekkid Thursday. It all started on May 19, 2005, among a small handful of friends. It exploded to become an internet phenomenon! There's no way to accurately predict how many individuals participated in HNT. Some people only joined in once or twice. Many have done literally hundreds. But based on estimates from a couple of years ago, it would not be outside the realm of possibility that 2500 or more people have joined the fun! Add to that the number of lurkers that enjoyed checking out HNTs without posting their own, or even commenting, and you might be able to double that number!

For this final project, I contacted a little over 100 people to join in. To send in one or two HNTs for one last hurrah, along with a blurb about what HNT was all about for them. These were people with whom I've developed friendships over the years, or individuals I felt made some sort of an impact on me through HNT. I got submissions from over 70 HNTers! Some who haven't been around since 2006! Of course, there's a number of HNTers missing that you might expect to find--many didn't want to, or didn't have the time, or some never responded at all. Some were never even contacted. But that doesn't detract from the many who did!

So peruse the site! You can click on any of the thumbnails below, and you'll be taken to that person's page. Or you can watch the slideshow of pictures. The sidebar has links to each participant, arranged alphabetically by blogname. Or you can just scroll down the page--it's also arranged alphabetically.

Please leave comments for these participants. Even the ones you've never heard of! These are among the many who shaped HNT into what it became. Unless they sent in something specifically listing a link, none were added. A vast majority of these people no longer blog, which is an underlying reason why HNT is retiring. If you want to contact any of these people, let me know.

Finally--I urge you to click on the pics as you run across them. Most people sent in more than one picture to post, so there's generally a click-through. But not always. Sort of a hit-and-miss proposition. You'll thank me if you do!

17 comments:

Summer said...

There are so many familiar "faces" here. You have shared so much over the years. Thank you all for being a part of something so freeing. HNT maybe be ending, but the relationships that started because of it will never be over.

Nolens Volens said...

You did well, Osbasso. My post will publish in 45 minutes. Kudos.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did a great job with this. Love it.

Autumn said...

your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed! I will be back to peruse later.

loves autumn

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear O for the chance to participate, it's been great fun and this last hurrah is wonderful - you have done an amazing amount of work pulling this all together - cajoling and coaxing as only you can :) - see you on the Words board! x

MinorityReport said...

This is awesome.

ConTemplate said...

Before I check out any of the participants or your grand finale, I just want to say: Thank you Os!

the late phoenix said...

tremendous work, great e-spirit, it was a lifesaver for me, that's for sure

best wishes in the future

Anonymous said...

I just want to say thank you Os for putting this together and taking the time to write a little something for each participant. Very special.

xo mina

MamaKBear said...

The HNT finale came out fabulous! I'm so sorry I didn't get to send something in for it, life just got in the way. :( Great job, Os and thank you for all the fun of HNT!

Anonymous said...

Ahh.. Good times Good Times Mr Os :) I wish I could have joined in this last few years, but with work and all.. Ya know. X&O's Always keep in touch

-Blither

Topaz said...

You've done a great service for our community and I'm glad I was a small part of it. Thank you! You leave quite the legacy.

HS said...

What a fantastic finale! Mad props to you Os and we will meet one day! :P

H

S said...

i am up you lazy bloggers get over here and visit me, afterall, I almost suffocated in bubble wrap for this final HNT! happy New Year, one and all, and thank you Osfor including me in your finale! I feel honoured!

Emily said...

I adore this!

Thank you so much Os for everything you've done through all the years of HNT.

I found it life changing... honestly. And the friends I've made along the way, they are priceless!

Addict

wdky said...

Well done, Os - HNT was a phenomenon, and I'm proud to have been a part of it. Shame I didn't know about the fianle, because I'd have played one last time for sure!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that HNT is ending. I took a chance to read the final thoughts about HNT, and I can understand where you are comming from.

Although I participated only briefly, in my own blog (in 2008 as NudeCanadianBoy), I enjoyed it while I was involved, and wished I had continued, to further developed those friendships I started to make.

There was always such beauty in the photos I saw in other people's contributions. As life took me away from submitting, so to did it take me away form viewing and commenting. Which meant it was only today I happened to learn about the finale, and miss out on posting one last time.

I wish everyone who was involved all the best. Cheers.